Thursday, December 3, 2009

China Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, we are ready to go. Our bags are packed, re-packed, weighed, downsized, and re-weighed. If you can call 5 suitcases & 3 carry on's downsized. Appearently the airlines has a strict carry on policy. One carry on per person with a maxed weight of 11 lbs., the bag alone weighed 5 1/2 lbs. I guess people don't realize how many things you need to entertain your children on such a long flight. Oh well, we did our best.
I pray for a smooth flight. Maybe we can all get some much needed rest (Yeah right). Tomorrow starts our non-stop 2 day marathon of touring, before we get Dylan on monday afternoon. (And my DH thought my version of around the world in ninety minutes was hard. That was just the training for this trip). I Love You Honey. Then the next part of our life journey begins. More touring, more flights, more of run here and there. All worth the exhaustion to bring our long awaited son into our forever family. In a few hours we will getting on that plane to China. The country that gave us a family. Maya will get to see the country she was born in. Almost 3 years after we adopted her when she was 18 months old.
Thank you God for entrusting us with these two children.
Dylan, we are on our way, see you in a few short days. We love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your journey is a safe one and cannot wait for your next post...

Lisa said...

WHOO HOOOOO!
I am really excited for you all. I can't wait to meet Dylan. This has been a long journey for you guys, and I am so happy that it's finally here. I look forward to following along. Good Luck and ENJOY every minute of it. I know I will.

Love to you

Lisa & family

Aunt Blondie said...

hope all is well. just thinking of you safe trip. love and family always AUNT BLONDIE

Unknown said...

Angela, Alyssa & I can't wait to come meet our newest family member. We're all so excited for you. We know that this has been a long and very bumpy road for you, but it has finally come to fruition. I have to get another web came because the one I bought didn't come with the CD Rom to download the driver. So I'll get that hopefully very soon. Let us all know how things are going. We love all of you.
P.S. Get me anything police related that is Chinese if you can.

Bridget said...

hope you had a good trip.. I'll keep in touch using this blog, don't worry about skype.

Love you guys,
Bridget & John

Lisa said...

Ok i am checking all day everyday. Send some word i can't wait to hear from you guys. I can't wait to hear that you have Dylan. Safe trip and I hope Maya is doing good.

Love you all

Lisa

Lisa said...

I guess your having issues with blogger. I am here all day long hoping that i find an update. I hope that things are going well and I can't wait to hear all that is happening. I know I left a comment earlier, but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you guys and can't wait to see some photos. Enjoy!!!

Love to you all

Lisa and family